Advanced Agilent 1100 / 6300 LC/MSD Trap Course
This four-day lecture and hands-on laboratory course covers advanced
concepts in electrospray and APCI LC/ ion trap MSn method development,
method optimization, instrument operation, qualitative determinations
and quantitative analysis. The majority of the class is devoted
to hands on instrument operation with laboratory experiments on
the 1100 Series LC/MSD Trap that emphasize the topics covered
in the lectures. The course is customized towards pharmaceuticals
and biomolecules or for environmental applications (see the course
calendar below for course dates).
This Course Includes the following:
- Four days of lecture and hands-on training
- Hardcopy of course materials
- Instruction and problem solving sessions by Dr. Robert D.
- No more than four or five students per instrument
- Advanced ion formation processes in electrospray and APCI
- Understanding the ion trap and MSn
- Advanced Electrospray and APCI LC/ion trap MSn operation
- Optimizing the LC/MSD TRAP method for your analysis
- Developing a method for qualitative determinations
- Interpretation of the qualitative results-Interpretation
of MSn CID mass spectra
- Developing a quantitation MS/MS method using external standards
- Developing a quantitation MS/MS method using isotopically
labeled internal standards
- Increasing sample throughput
- Developing and optimization of capillary LC/ ion trap MSn
- System maintenance and diagnostics
- Solving problem in proteomics* (Pharmaceuticals and Biomolecules
- The Agilent H8966A training course or 1-3 months operation
of the 1100 LC/MSD Trap.
- The course is designed for the operator who wants to understand
the advanced concepts of electrospray and APCI LC/ ion trap
MS and ion trap MSn and how to better utilize the 1100 LC/MSD
Trap in development of method, optimization of methods and for
qualitative and quantitative determinations.
How to register:
- March 23-26, 2009
October 13-16, 2009
- Click on the register button to register electronically.
Please direct all questions about this course offering to: